Introducing new customizable topic pages on Jabfab – engage & listen to your audiences with your own brand or style.
Hey business users, and people who love to pimp out your profile pages on social networks, we just added some rather splendid features to Jabfab. First off you’ll see a whole new look to the home page this week, with some video content and a new front page with the Jabfab girl, getting her Jab and Fab faces on. But now to the meat of the release..
Next time you create a topic on Jabfab, for engaging your customers, audiences, employees, friends etc., you’ll notice a very convenient new feature that allows you to brand the experience – customize the look and feel of the topic page to suit your cause.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Either create a topic from scratch, by clicking on the T icon on the top main toolbar of Jabfab. OR – find a topic you created earlier and click on the Edit link, next to the topic name.
2. Whilst editing the topic, you’ll see a new option to customize its topic page for people viewing it on a web browser. Just click the link under this, and upload your themed graphic. You can use one big photo or get creating and make a small one that tiles.
3. Finally, all you have to do is SAVE the topic, at the bottom of the page, and then go back to the topic page to check out your fine new branded, customized page. Here’s a couple of examples of how splendid it could be. Just remember to use YOUR OWN brand or style, not someone else’s,….unless they don’t mind….erm…in writing
So we asked a bunch of our users what they wanted – and,…. well….the answer was unanimous. Over 100% of them said they would like a life supply of Nutella, and the ability to master the ancient mythical art of Alchemy.
Naturally we also shared these desires, but had to politely state that we were referring to the next features in Jabfab. Then,….after a brief uncomfortable silence, the first thing they said was ………”Private Topics!”.
We figured as much. For some time now we have been hearing that there are times when you want feedback on a particular topic or thing, but you don’t necessarily want to share the results of that feedback with the rest of the world.
Business in particular told us that they could do some AMAZING things with private topics:
- Create topics for customers to (discretely) rate their employees’ service.
- Use Jabfab in lieu of their customer comment cards, and give feedback on a service experience.
- Use Jabfab for presenter feedback for private conferences and events, during or after the event.
- Throw out a bunch of ideas to employees, customers or partners and garner (private) feedback on them, in real-time.
- Rate all the acts, privately, on Open Mic night or at Talent Night.
- Rate all the houses your Realtor took you to see today (privately).
- Et cetera, …..et cetera,….et cetera.
There’s probably a million ways to use this feature, so all that remains is to explain to you in 3 steps how it works.
- On our web application at jabfab.com click on the T (Topics) icon in the top bar and select “Create / Edit Topics”
- When creating your topic, simply mark it as Private, so you (the topic founder) will be the only one who can see the results of how people feel about this topic.
- People can search and find the topic on Jabfab, and rate it, but the results will not be visible to them. People can still scan the topic’s QR code from their mobile phones, and rate the topic, but only you can see the results. The topic will never appear in the public Jabfab Feed or the Jabfab 100.
If you’re new to Jabfab, then just watch this video on how to get started using it for your business, and then re-read the above instructions. All should be clear. If not, then send an email to email@example.com and we will personally help you master this newfangled thing.
Engage and delight your customers with the power of real-time feedback and loyalty programs – whether they use social networks or not:
It’s not about social listening any more. It’s all about social engagement. Are you ready to transform your customer service and marketing, with the power of real-time feedback. Imagine having the ability to engage your customers directly, in closed-loop conversations – right as they are experiencing your products or services. And get them to share things that surveys just can’t do.
Ladies & Gents, we give you Jabfab for Businesses….check this out….
…Well, our WebApp kinda got a little jealous (#fab #jealous).
Yes, after the new 1.7 Jabfab iOS App came out last week, we noticed the WebApp was sulking again. So we whisked her off to the Day Spa for a quick Mani-Pedi.
The result? Well, as of this morning, she now sports a brand new live topic feed UI on the home page. Less clutter, more topic category channels, and a topic tile hover menu for checking out the Jab and Fab count of a topic – and sharing with friends.
Balance is restored, and we’re talking again. It’s a tough job keeping all these App ego’s in check. Screenshot below.
Yes, you guessed it! There’s a new Jabfab iOS version!
A couple of hours ago, the approval hipsters at Apple gave it the thumbs up, so it’s now available for you to upgrade to.
We’ve made some significant updates to the App structure, and so we HIGHLY RECOMMEND you DELETE the existing app from your iPhone/iPad/iTouch, and install Jabfab again from scratch.
This will ensure you don’t experience any nasty gremlins or crashes as you navigate to our new FEED page. OK, so enough of that, here’s the new features you can expect to see in v1.7:
Now you can follow people as well as topics on Jabfab iOS – just like you can already do in our web app at www.jabfab.com
- You asked us for an image grabbing tool, so that if you are Jabbing something that you can’t take a photo of, or don’t have a photo of, Jabfab can grab it for you from Google. Brilliant!
- We updated the topic feed, so you now have a handy little tile swipe at the top of the page for our categories. Navigating through our topic category channels couldn’t be easier.
- You can easily personalize the category feed by tapping the new Filters button – to select only the categories you care about
- Checkout your new profile – there’s a way to easily keep tabs on the topics you created, you’re following, as well as the people you follow
- Everyone now has the cool new profile layout, and wherever you find people on Jabfab, just tap their username to see what they’ve been Jabbing or Fabbing
- Finally, the main search tool now enables you to search for both topics and people to follow, so you can find friends or other users you’d like to stalk on Jabfab
- Several other updates will be evident, from device-aware links that open your iOS app automatically, to improvements in your Facebook and Twitter sharing of Jabfab topics
Thanks to all of our users that provided the feedback that went into release 1.7. We’re psyched about the new updates and can’t wait to see what you’ll share your opinions on next.
Until next time – be sure to tell it like it is!
It came to our attention this morning that we had somehow forgotten to setup Jabfab for Instagram. Duh!
We have so much cool content for you to laugh and cry at on our Facebook page, and Twitter feed, but along the way we got too caught up in ourselves to show Instagram some love. Shame on us! Well, we rectified that.
Go ahead and follow JABFAB on Instagram, and you’ll get all of our swanky topic featurettes, like this, and more. #fabthat!
So we were told to check out a website called Fiverr.com this week. Our task was to decide if it was Jab or Fab.
For those of you who aren’t familiar with Fiverr, its an online marketplace where people will do just about anything for $5. Of course we decided we had to try it out first, before we could provide our final judgement. So we scrolled down their home page for a few hundred yards until something caught our eye. Some dude called Ervin, who no doubt lives in India or an Eastern Block country was offering to make us a mobile app Jabfab advertising video for,……. you guessed it, $5.
The rest, as they say, is history. We paid, Ervin delivered, and we got this video that earned Fiverr a solid #fab.
Over the past few months, our users have asked for us to make the Jabfab topic category channels more conspicuous and make it super easy for people to personalize their home page live feed into categories of interest (just like you can already do on our iOS mobile app filter). We listened, and we delivered part One of a two-part release to make your Jabfab browsing experience….well…..just better. Just click on the “Personalize your feed” menu and the rest is up to you. And use the + tab to add more categories to your channel if you started out light.
Here’s a screenshot below of the release we went into production with just today. You’ll also notice we improved the top bar navigation and cleaned up the main menu into some handy little icons. Just mouse over them the first time and all will be evident. More to come in the next 2-3 weeks on this, plus some key new features. Look out soon for our version 1.7 of the iOS app too. Thank again for all your feedback that drove this release.