Students, who wants a new HD Kindle Fire 8.9″ and more?…
Attention students! We have gadgets and we are going to give them away. Our Fall Jabfab POINTS contest is upon us, and you may already have seen one of our flyer cards at your college or place of study. So, read on…
Starting this month and through December 14th 2012, we are challenging our student users to score as many Jabfab POINTS as possible, and for good reason – the first five of you to reach a total of 5,000 Jabfab POINTS by Dec. 14th will get to choose your own gadget. Yes, our top five winners will receive either a Google Nexus 7 tablet, or an Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ or an Apple iPod Touch. You’ll also receive a badass limited edition Jabfab T-Shirt of the size of your choice. The next five runners up will all get a T-Shirt and the glory that comes with wearing it – so Jab and Fab anything you want, cuz the top 10 will all get a prize.
Here’s how to play, how to earn Jabfab POINTS quickly and our competition rules below:
How it works: Whenever you Jab or Fab something on Jabfab (what’s Jabfab?) , you’ll earn Jabfab POINTS. You can see them clocking up on your profile dashboard. For a plain old Jab or Fab you earn 5 points. If you share your Jab or Fab on Facebook you can earn another 5 points, and on Twitter ANOTHER 5 points. And if your profile is complete there’s a bonus 5 points for a total of 20 Jabfab POINTS for a fully loaded and shared Jab or Fab. Yes it all sounds Czechoslovakian now, but once you start doing it, its as easy as stealing a lollipop from a toddler. Here’s a quick info-graphic summary for you:
Oh, and we almost forgot…….if you invite friends to join Jabfab, and they actually join, you get 100 bonus Jabfab points for each one!! Dammit, we shouldn’t have mentioned that, should we?
Official Contest Rules: OK, so here’s the rules of the contest, how to avoid disqualification and all the legalese stuff we are obligated to point out in order to protect everyone, hence all the bullets below.
- Eligibility – Competition open to any student resident of the US over the age of 18 years old on Sept 6th 2012. Employees of Jabfab, immediate family members, and partners are not eligible. Immediate family shall include spouse, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and any other person residing within the same household.
- No purchase necessary, you only need to be a signed up Jabfab user (it’s free) – go here to sign up or sign in – or sign in from your iOS device from the Jabfab Mobile App
- Competition starts at 17:00:01AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on Sept 6th, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EST on December 14th, 2012 – eligible winners will have achieved 5,000 Jabfab points by the end of the competition, then the Jabfab management judges will select a top 10 prize group based upon the order in which the winners have arrived and the manner in which the points were achieved – to ensure that no cheating or cramming of points was used, and fair competition (*) took place. The final top 10 list that will receive prizes will be the management judges decision, from the pool of eligible winners. Winning a prize (gadget and/or T-Shirt) requires you to achieve 5,000 Jabfab POINTS in a fair way *and without cheating using robots or hacking. Contest winners will be notified after the judges decision.
- 5 winners (selected by the Jabfab management judges) will select the gadget they’d like to receive. The choices are a) an Apple iPod Touch 8GB 4th Generation Latest Model, or b) A Google Nexus7 8GB Tablet, or c) An Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ Wi-Fi 16MB Tablet. The top 5 selected winners will also receive a limited edition Jabfab T-Shirt in your choice of size and black or white color. The 5 runners up, selected will receive a limited edition Jabfab T-Shirt in your choice of size and black or white color.
- (*) You can’t just stay up all night and Jab and Fab stuff like crazy that makes no sense at all. The final award of prizes is at Jabfab management’s discretion, regardless of whether you are among the first 10 people to get 5,000 points or not. If it looks like you just completed all your points in a single day to beat the system, and didn’t put up real topics and genuine opinions, we may have to award your prize to the next person to achieve 5,000 points in a fairer manner. Or if it appears that you used a robot, gadget, macro or any other kind of non-human method to beat the system, we will have to disqualify you. Again – our management judge’s decision is final. Tip: If you share your Jabs and Fabs on Twitter or Facebook and keep a complete profile it will take a quarter of the time to get to 5,000 and you won’t need any Red Bull to keep you up all hours. You have till Dec. 14th remember!
- Apple iPod Touch Approximate Retail Value (ARV) is $190, Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ ARV is $300, Google Nexus 7 ARV is $200
- Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize permitted. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, and any other costs or expenses related to acceptance and use of the prize not specified, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The winner will be notified by the e-mail address in their Jabfab account. Winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and Liability Waiver within fourteen (14) days of issuance of notification. If not timely returned or prize notification or e-mail is returned as undeliverable, prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is not 18 years of age or older as of Sept. 6, 2012, prizes may be awarded in name of parent or legal guardian, who will be required to sign and return a Publicity Release, and Liability Waiver prior to the release of prize. A valid student photo ID of the prize winners will be required to collect prizes.
- By entering the contest, winner(s) agree(s) to waive any and all claims against Jabfab Inc. officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives for personal injury, including death, or loss that may occur from the participation in this contest or from the receipt or use of any prize, and grant the Jabfab the right to publicize such winner’s or winners (as the case may be) name(s) and/or likeness(es) without additional compensation or consideration unless prohibited by law.
- Jabfab Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify the contest rules and dates at any time for any reason. Material modifications shall be announced online, when practical. By participating in this contest, you agree to be bound by these contest rules, any modifications thereof, and by all other rules imposed by the sponsors.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, solely at the discretion of Jabfab Inc.
- Jabfab officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, stolen, lost, late, garbled, delayed, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, postage due, or ineligible entries or in the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize. If, in the exclusive judgment of Jabfab Inc., this contest becomes compromised in any way, they reserve the right to withdraw the contest offer, cancel any method of entry, void any entries submitted fraudulently, or select winners from all eligible entries received prior to the act that compromised the contest. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this contest is subject to legal action by Jabfab Inc.
- Neither Google, Amazon nor Apple are participants in or sponsor of this promotion.
- Rules are subject to change at no notice.